My name is Nathan Moeller, and I currently work as a software engineer at IBM. I work at the silicon valley lab (SVL) in San Jose California. I've been at IBM since
March of 2017 and I've been working on 3 products, IBM Cloud Private for Data (icp4d), IBM SPSS Statistics, and Watson Studio (previously Data Science Experience).
Before IBM, I graduated from the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities with a masters degree in Computer Science, and a bachelors degree from the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
My interests are in artificial intelligence, machine learning, web development, gaming, and other areas where computer science can be applied. (And Soccer!!)
Resume (March 2019)
Staff Software Engineer at IBM 2/2017 – Present
- Projects: IBM Cloud Private for Data (icp4d), IBM SPSS Statistics, and Watson Studio
- Developed core components with React for icp4d including service instance status, service provisioning, service monitoring and a SQL editor.
- Developed features for SPSS Statistics using React including an improved data editor, variable editor, application updater, analyze procedures, tabbed datasets, and redux state management.
- Developed a REST API service for the frontend to communicate to the legacy SPSS Statistics java backend.
- Initiated work on Watson Studio Desktop, using Electron, Docker, React and NodeJS.
Research Assistant in the University of Minnesota Institute for Health Informatics
, 2/2015 – 5/2016
Junior Software Developer at Flow Enterprises
, 5/2014 – 9/2014
Research Assistant to Prof Suman Banerjee, 7/2012 – 6/2014
- Worked under CS Professor Suman Banerjee on a research project called Wireless@Home which focused on factors that degrade WiFi network performance in home environments.
- Developed a front-end console for visualizing wireless data, including heat maps, dynamic graphs, charts and tables.
- Initiated work on the configuration site meant for users and administrators to change settings for all routers within The Regent Apartments.
BountyStreamer (May 2018 – Present)
Currently developing a twitch extension for viewers to propose “bounties” to twitch broadcasters to complete while playing on stream. Working in a team a 3 using a Spring backend, React frontend, PayPal/Twitch APIs and AWS services.
(October 2013 – May 2014)
The Infected Dungeon Game
- Won 3rd prize at the 2014 CS NEST competition for a twitter sentiment analysis tool.
For Word Affects, we implemented our own Naïve Bayes classifier. Word Affects
(February 2016 - May 2016)
Focused Web Crawler Classifier
- Developed a zombie survival first person shooter that changes difficulty based on the player's skill. Worked by myself and coded in
C# while using Unity.
(September 2015 - December 2015)
Robot Parallel Parking
- Implemented a neural network classifier to detect patent related web pages for use in a focused web crawler. Worked by myself and coded in Python and Matlab.
(September 2014 – December 2014)
- Programmed a Pioneer 3 robot to parallel park between two cardboard boxes.
This project was done for Introduction to Intelligent Robotic Systems. Worked on a team of four and coded in C++.
(September 2014 – December 2014)
- Implemented a Naïve Bayes classifier to filter spam email messages. Worked by myself and coded in java.
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities (9/2014 - 5/2016)
- Graduated with a Master's of Science in Computer Science
- Cumulative GPA: 3.5
University of Wisconsin - Madison (9/2010 - 5/2014)
- Graduated with a Bachlor's of Science in Computer Science
- Computer Science GPA: 3.6, Cumlative GPA: 3.12
Skills, Interests, Hobbies
- Experience using git, docker, kubernetes
- Completed Andrew Ng's Machine Learning course on Coursera
- UW Club Soccer 2012-2014: Club Treasurer. Team traveled around the upper Midwest playing other
university club teams such as Milwaukee, Eau Claire, Whitewater, and others.
- University of Minnesota Club Soccer 2014 – 2016. Team played local Division 3 schools as
well as traveling to Iowa, Colorado, and Phoenix to compete against other school club teams.